The world is experiencing a challenging and uncertain time right now. EquipmentShare and its people are taking COVID-19, or the coronavirus, seriously in order to protect and preserve the health of our employees and our customers across the nation.
If you’re a customer, a contractor or a veteran of the construction industry, then you know one thing’s for sure—this line of work rarely stops. We’re not big fans of unplanned downtime at EquipmentShare, but COVID-19 requires us to stop and think twice about how we plan to accomplish work now and throughout the coming weeks.
We care about our customers and want to serve them as best as we can during this time. We are working to ensure everyone stays healthy and takes appropriate measures recommended by the CDC, OSHA and the World Health Organization (WHO). We’ll stay on top of the situation and update this post, should our operating procedures change.
How We're Putting Safety First
First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and protect the health of our employees. Our branches across the nation are operating with guidelines in place:
- Sick employees must stay at home so as to not spread any illness or virus. Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that employees remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F or 37.8 degrees C) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Employees who can work from home or work remotely should work remotely.
- Only essential personnel are allowed in facilities.
- Employees should take care to wash their hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Our staff is frequently cleaning hard surfaces throughout our home office, and EquipmentShare has provided alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace and in common areas. Cleaning sprays and wipes are also available to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as telephones and keyboards.
- Employees are encouraged to use telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as much as possible during this outbreak. IT support services are available to employees who need assistance with this technology.
- Our leadership teams have limited employees to only essential travel.
Our Branches Across the Nation
We know that the construction industry is made up of hardworking people who work to get the job done come rain or shine. EquipmentShare has customers that need to maintain their operations in order to support hospitals, medical facilities and beyond. We are here to serve our customers in these challenging times by helping them locate the materials and equipment they need to support their communities. For this reason, our rental yards across the country are operating for the time being.
Our people will prioritize health by forgoing handshakes and maintaining distance when possible. We want to keep our customers healthy so they can safely continue their daily work routines. If you have an existing or upcoming rental with us, your rental is still on. Get in touch with your account manager if you need to make any changes to your rental. You can also make specific, low- or no-contact equipment drop-off and pick-up arrangements with your account manager.
EquipmentShare sales team members and rental coordinators are often on the move and present at work-related events. During this time, we ask that our customers, business partners and colleagues respect that some of our employees will not attend engagements, meetings, events and gatherings.
If you need to get in touch with Rental support, please contact your rental account manager.
Our Track Users and Customer Support
Our Customer Experience team is, as always, working hard to answer customer questions and provide fast, valuable support to our Track users.
EquipmentShare asks our Track users to have patience with the Customer Experience and Track Support teams as they may experience a high volume of calls, emails and Intercom messages. We’ll get you taken care of, we promise.
If you need Track support, please contact us at the following:
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Intercom button in the Track browser
- Call Track Support at 1 (833) 378-7225
Check Back Here for Updates
EquipmentShare is still up and running, and we will continue to serve our customers in light of COVID-19 while taking every recommended precaution. Thank you for choosing EquipmentShare, and thank you for helping us put health and safety first.